Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Maintenance and the Polar Vortex...

One thing I've learned in 2014 is that weighing less doesn't help someone who's already cold by nature endure a polar vortex.  On top of that, the heat in my house is out (hopefully being fixed today) and I had to sleep in temperatures less than 60 (no idea how the homeless do this every night).  I'm cold.  Losing weight has not helped that.  I can, however, fit into the way cute jacket I loved from two winters ago that didn't fit last winter...and I sold last winter's jacket for $25 to someone larger than me...so, bonus!

In the spirit of accountability and updating y'all on what I've been up to, December 2013 was a terrible month for me in my weight loss journey post-gastric sleeve.  I didn't wear my FitBit.  I didn't track food on MyFitnessPal.  I didn't make great food choices.  I ate when I wasn't hungry.  I did everything you're not supposed to do while on a weight loss journey.

And still?

I maintained.

Seriously.

When I finally pulled my head out of my ass and stepped on the scale for "Fat Loss Friday" on January 3, I weighed exactly the same as I had a month prior.  Sweet!  I felt rejuvenated, threw my FitBit on and have been tracking food ever since.  It's good to know that my tiny belly will allow for maintenance when I finally reach my goal weight!

So...in 2014?  I'm looking forward to saying hello to onederland (haven't been there since high school) and my goal weight.  As of today I'm 81 pounds down and have 61 to go.  I got this!

2 comments:

  1. That's great! I have an appointment next week with my doctor to discuss revision to the sleeve. Nervous but excited too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you have any questions, let me know! Best decision I ever made :)

    ReplyDelete