Sunday, October 27, 2013

Weight loss is funny!

In the twenty weeks since I've had my gastric sleeve, I'm down 65 pounds...and couldn't be happier!  I belong to several Facebook groups that deal with the topic of WLS and the gastric sleeve, and I always giggle at those who freak out about stalls.

While I weigh myself almost daily, I record my weight each Friday on my Excel spreadsheet, as my surgery was on a Friday.  Now that I'm way past the pre-op and post-op rapidity of weight loss, I've noticed a very specific trend about how my body has been losing weight...

...I stall.  Every month.  For a good couple of weeks.  Then I lose 10 pounds over the course of a week or so.  Then I stall again.  C'est la vie!  I happen to be in one of those "loss" periods at the moment, but I noticed that even in the last stall (where my weight hung around 248 and 249 for awhile), I didn't stress about it.  I continued to go about my life (as busy as it's been lately!) and knew that the stall was just my body's way of "settling" all of the previous loss.  I'm okay with this trend...as long as it continues!

Do any of the rest of you notice this trend in your own loss?

2 comments:

  1. yes! definitely a pattern with me too. I always have a big drop after my TOM, usually I stall for the two weeks prior. So my weight loss is nothing for two weeks, I lose a pound during my monthly visitor, then 3-5 or more in the two weeks following.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stalls...gotta love them. I'm glad you are doing well. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete