Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Goal Met!

In the spirit of random goals, the next short-term goal on my list was to lose 61 total pounds.  That loss would take me to 250, which is approximately what I weighed when I moved to the East Coast in the summer of 2011.  (This was before my slipped LapBand got worse and took me on a self-pity gorge of nachos and frappuccinos!)

I'm a daily weigher, generally, and I was delighted to see 249.2 on my scale this morning, so I had to come post about it!  I'm happy to now be closer to 200 than 300, and I can't "weight" to see 11 more pounds of loss (my next goal) - at that point, I'll have less to lose than lost!

I had my gallbladder out last month after developing issues with it post-sleeve, but I lost nada from the surgery.  In fact, the past few weeks have seen little loss because I haven't been paying much attention to what I eat - calories, protein...nada.  I've lost 3 pounds already this week, and I contribute that to (a) tracking my food once more - paying attention and (b) this nasty head cold thing I've been dealing with since Sunday that leaves me less hungry than a normal gastric sleeve patient.  Regardless, I'm working on my protein and calories, and I'm stoked to be able to cross another mini-goal off of my list!

1 comment:

  1. Good for you!!! Congratulations!! I'm sorry you had to have another surgery. I remember during my consultation for revision the doctor listing gallbladder issues as a possible side effect.

    Now that you are done with that you are back on track. I'm so excited for you and your journey. I look forward to celebrating your success.

    ReplyDelete