Saturday, August 3, 2013

New State, Renewed State of Mind.

Happy weekend everyone!  We've completed our move to Maryland and, barring some odds and ends, are completely unpacked!  Feels good to be settled into our new home, and I'm looking forward to a short commute on Monday morning when I return to work!

After the guilt I'd experienced over the last couple of weeks (see previous blog entry) while going through the stress of moving and commuting to a busy time at work, I was eager to get my kitchen unpacked and restocked with groceries yesterday.  I put on the FitBit this morning, started back up on my diligent logging of food in MyFitnessPal, and I have a renewed sense of accountability moving forward!  New exercise regimen?  I've climbed 22 flights of stairs today according to my FitBit - gotta love living in a townhome!

I saw my doctor on Thursday (day after moving - yes, I was exhausted) and he did a double take when he saw the weight that my nutritionist had just taken...he was convinced I'd lost more because of my "tiny face!"  I laughed, then told him that I always lose in my face first.  I'm still a big girl from the neck down, but I know that getting back into my healthy routine, and having eliminated the excuses as to why I wasn't working out (3+ hour commute each day, too wiped out on the weekends), I can do this!

I'm 8 weeks and 1 day post op today from my Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy.  I've lost almost 25% of my excess weight.  Time to bring on the other 75%!

8.5.13 Update - I did it!  25% of my excess weight is officially gone forever!  

2 comments:

  1. You will be there in no time. Take it one day at a time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay! So glad the move went well, your commute is so much better and you are feeling refreshed and re-motivated! You've got this :)

    ReplyDelete