Sunday, August 18, 2013

State of My World.

Good morning, and happy Sunday to everyone!  I stepped on the scale this morning not expecting much (currently in TOM) and was happily surprised to see a 2 pound loss from Friday, my normal, weekly weigh-in day!  The weight seems to be coming off at a steadier pace over the last, few weeks - I think it's a combination of moving more AND eating more.  Always shocks me to find that on the days I think I've gorged on food, my weight drops.

Also, I think it's hilarious that I now call eating 1,200-1,300 calories "gorging."

Work has kept me insanely busy over the last week (I've been exceeding my FitBit step goal every day without exercise), and this week I'll be "on" as I visit over 25 schools in 5 days to welcome them to the school year and provide updates from the teacher's union I work for.  I had my VSG surgery at the end of the school year - will my 45 pound weight loss be noticed by those teachers I'd worked with last school year?

45 pounds sounds like a lot of weight to lose - and it is! - but, truth be told, I'm just now starting to feel frumpy in the size I'd been wearing, and the smaller clothes I have are still a bit too tight for public wear.  I recognize that I fooled myself into thinking I was a 22/24 at the time of my surgery, when those clothes were actually tight on me.  Realistically, I've probably dropped from a 24/26 I should have been wearing and am now closer to 20/22 - that's an accomplishment!  Regardless, I've got work clothes all the way down to Size 16...and I can't "weight" to get back to some of those clothes!

Here's to continued weight loss, the start of another school year (my 11th in the education industry!), and to reaching my goal weight before another class of seniors graduates!

Monday, August 12, 2013

G'bye morbid obesity!

I don't want to jinx it, but the weight has been flying off of me over the past week.  I remember weighing in at 275 last Monday, elated that I'd hit the "25% of my excess weight lost" benchmark.  Today?  One week later?  I weighed in this morning at 268.8 - that puts me out of the BMI's "morbid obesity" range!  That's also a loss of 6.2 pounds in just one week - wow!

I have no idea why my loss has picked up over the past week, but I'll take it!  Despite dropping my Venti Skinny Vanilla Latte all over the floor this morning, I'm in a great mood because of this morning's weigh-in.  I'm in the 260's!!  Woot!  It's been awhile, and I finally feel like I'm not "close to 300."


Saturday, August 3, 2013

New State, Renewed State of Mind.

Happy weekend everyone!  We've completed our move to Maryland and, barring some odds and ends, are completely unpacked!  Feels good to be settled into our new home, and I'm looking forward to a short commute on Monday morning when I return to work!

After the guilt I'd experienced over the last couple of weeks (see previous blog entry) while going through the stress of moving and commuting to a busy time at work, I was eager to get my kitchen unpacked and restocked with groceries yesterday.  I put on the FitBit this morning, started back up on my diligent logging of food in MyFitnessPal, and I have a renewed sense of accountability moving forward!  New exercise regimen?  I've climbed 22 flights of stairs today according to my FitBit - gotta love living in a townhome!

I saw my doctor on Thursday (day after moving - yes, I was exhausted) and he did a double take when he saw the weight that my nutritionist had just taken...he was convinced I'd lost more because of my "tiny face!"  I laughed, then told him that I always lose in my face first.  I'm still a big girl from the neck down, but I know that getting back into my healthy routine, and having eliminated the excuses as to why I wasn't working out (3+ hour commute each day, too wiped out on the weekends), I can do this!

I'm 8 weeks and 1 day post op today from my Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy.  I've lost almost 25% of my excess weight.  Time to bring on the other 75%!

8.5.13 Update - I did it!  25% of my excess weight is officially gone forever!