Saturday, July 20, 2013

Hello 270's!

My weight fluctuated so much in 2012 that I'm honestly not sure when I was last in the 270s.  Yesterday, however, on my 6-week post-op weigh in, I was 279!  I know that when I was pre-op for LapBand removal in March of this year, I was in the 280's, so it's probably been at least since 2012 that I've been this "small."  I'll take it!

I read somewhere recently that gastric sleeve patients are expected to lose 30% of their excess weight in the first 3 months post-op.  For me, that means I've got about 6 weeks left to lose 10.6 pounds - that's totally doable!  I'm looking forward to hitting 275 in the coming week or two so that I can claim "25% of my excess weight lost."  In all honesty, though, just hitting the 270's was celebratory enough for me!

1 comment:

  1. Good for you!!! Our weight loss will be different from people who had the sleeve as their first WLS procedure. We will still lose and will do well. It will just be slower (and frustrating), but we will get there.

    Keep up the good work. I'm so excited for you.

    ReplyDelete