Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Time to Transition!

Although I felt comfortable enough adding milk and a cheddar cheese soup (just a few sips) into my diet yesterday, today I officially get to transition to "full liquids," which will add yogurt, pudding, strained cream soups (low fat, reduced sodium) & Cream of Wheat to my shopping list.  I'm excited to make some SF pudding with my Unjury protein powder - who can resist getting your protein in while eating pudding?!  I'm really amazed at the ease of my recovery thus far (:::knock on wood:::).  I exceeded my fluid and protein requirements yesterday (Day 3 post op) and I'm going to just continue on that trend line to make sure I'm doing all I can to have a textbook recovery!  My energy level is still somewhat weak, but I'll continue to get some R&R and sip, sip, sip throughout the day.  I'm confident that I'll be fine to return to work on Monday!

Besides, who wouldn't be stoked to step on the scale this morning and see 16 pounds of weight loss since she started her 10-day pre-op diet 2 weeks ago?  I lost 10 pounds in the 10 days of pre-op diet and 6 pounds since surgery 4 days ago.  I'm okay with that trend line!

I've got a follow up to see the doctor on Thursday; I'm sure he'll be pleased with my progress and results thus far!

2 comments:

  1. Good for you. Make sure you rest. I went back to work for a half day 5 days after surgery to do payroll. I was out for the count the remainder of the day...and half the next day. So please rest.

    I'm super jealous of how quickly your diet is progressing. It wa a full 2 weeks of clears for me. Hated it. LOL

    Tomorrow I will be 6 months out from revision. I have lost a total of 63 lbs thus far.

    I'm still grateful that I had my band...but I adore my sleeve.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you're doing just great! Continue to keep us all posted

    ReplyDelete