Friday, June 14, 2013

I'm full.

I've spent a lot of time online this week at Vertical Sleeve Talk interacting with pre- and post-op sleevers and, up until today, I felt blessed to have such a great recovery.  I've proudly flaunted the fact that I've been able to get down the minimum fluid and protein recommended for each day since Day 3 post-op.  I've been taking it easy, going slowly, etc., but know that my committment to "the rules" has been a large part of my healing process.

Today?  I can't do it.  I just can't.  As of now I'm at 57g of protein today (I'm supposed to shoot for 70g) and have had maybe 40oz of liquid (goal is 64oz).  While it's not too far away from the minimums, I have felt SO FULL all day today and had to really push myself to get in what I have.  I've had to take two naps today despite my only trip being to the vet - I took advantage of my time off of work to have my kitties' annual visits and shots done today (side note: boyfriend came along to carry the kitties in their carriers because I have a lifting restriction - he's so wonderful!).

I don't necessarily feel horrible today, but it seems like it's been the roughest post-op day this week as far as intake goes (other than Days 1 and 2).  I'm now sitting here with a cup of ice water, sipping away while I socialize and blog online.  I'm thirsty, but I can't bear the thought of ingesting anything else thicker than water tonight.  :::sigh:::


1 comment:

  1. Not everyday will be a breeze... but you're doing amazingly well.

    ReplyDelete