Thursday, May 30, 2013

Calling low-carbers!

How do you possibly maintain this lifestyle?  I'm not complaining, as I know my 10 days of "no more than 50g/day" are leading up to my sleeve surgery, but eating the same, basic menu is already getting old - and it's only day 3!  I'm clearly a carb-o-holic as I miss my Starbucks (yes, you can order low-carb, but your options are few), bread (had a lettuce-wrapped burger when out last night at Red Robin)...ugh.  I'm not looking for dazzling recipes since this is a temporary thing - I'll just continue to enjoy my home-packed lunches of hard boiled eggs, tuna, cheese, protein shake...blah.

My boss is buying lunch today since one of my colleagues is retiring after today - not knowing the carb count of the food he's getting, I'll stick with what I packed :).


1 comment:

  1. I didn't have a required pre-op diet but I put myself on a low carb diet for 2 weeks before hand. Even now (sleeved on March 20), my surgeon wants me to keep my carbs below 50. It can be difficult sometimes but it's about perspective really. Good luck with your progress. Feel free to check out my blog. I certainly don't have all the answers but it helps to read others experiences.

    ReplyDelete