Tuesday, March 12, 2013

G'bye LapBand!

After showing my Upper GI pics to my doctor today, we all agree that the LapBand must go.  To quote my doctor, "it's beyond salvageable at this point."  I happily agreed.  Next steps?  Insurance approval to get the band removed - hopefully as soon as either this Friday or next (the only day of the week they do surgeries).  I'm anxiously awaiting the call :).

Beyond that, I wait three months for the stomach to heal and convert back to "normal," all while trying to get my life back to non-miserable.  At that point, the doctor will then do the gastric sleeve surgery, should I choose to move forward.

Quick blog, but I am SO STOKED to have this 2+ year long stint of misery (i.e. chronic band slip) OUT OF MAH BODY!!!!  Seriously?  I'm game for a quickie outpatient journey on Friday if they'll have me!

2 comments:

  1. oh Joia, I am so glad to hear you are finally going to be able to be healthy and happy again. This has been quite a journey for you and I hope you will get approved quickly and be able to move forward. You have accomplished so much while fighting your band- I hope you are so proud of how far you have come. There are good things in your future- I'm sure of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so thrilled that it looks like your torture is almost over... Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete