Friday, March 29, 2013

BYOC!

"Bring Your Own Crazy:" Five little questions we answer to get to know each other better and to give our blogging brains a break! Come join us and ENJOY!

1. What’s your first reaction when you get really angry?

I know I'm not quiet. I will rant to anyone who will listen and, most likely, post something about it on social media. "Shy" has never been a word to describe me, and it certainly wouldn't be if I were really angry! Initially, I'd probably call my boyfriend and vent to him - he's great at letting me do that!

2. When is the last time you cried in sadness or in joy?

I cry often at commercials, reality show singing competitions (when someone does a great job and begins crying, or their mom is cheering them on, etc.) and other "seriously, you're crying?!" moments. I was told years ago, back when I bragged about the fact that I never cry (I was a tough teen and young adult) that I wouldn't really feel that kind of emotion until I experienced true love. I guess I'm there now?

Sadly, my last real cry of sadness wasn't too long ago - I don't know if it was the impending stress of yet another long commute (I bitch about it often, but I'm really hating the D.C. metro commute that takes 3+ hours out of my life each day) or the myriad of stupid things that happened that morning (I hate that I've let myself gain so much weight back, causing me to never feel pretty in my clothes...I dropped my keys while trying to get them off the key hanger thingy - which I need, because I'd never remember where my keys were otherwise...etc.), but I sat in my car, while still parked in my garage, and sobbed uncontrollably for a few minutes before I pulled myself together, wiped away the tears, and proceeded to drive to work.

3. If the stars aligned and everything was perfect from your partner to your job and income and everything – how many kids would you choose to have?

I've always wanted two - my answer has never wavered. However, I'm now 32 years old, unmarried and still floundering in establishing my second career. I love my boyfriend of 3+ years immensely and he's got 2 kids of his own, and I long for the day we can get custody of his girls (he'd love it!). Foreseeing marriage to him in my future, I'm not so sure that I want 2 of my "own" anymore - his girls are amazing and, if anything, I think we'd have one together to round out a total of 3.

4. If you won the lottery – what is the first purchase you’d make?

A house. I've never owned one - hell, I've never rented anything other than an apartment until August of this last year when boyfriend and I moved into this house. Of course, I'd have to figure out where to live...but, I'd be so rich from the lottery winnings that we could just buy at whim.

5. Repeat question. Summarize your week in real life and in blog land.

I had my LapBand removed a week ago today, and that's been the focus of my week in both real life and blog land - I'm a happy girl who had a textbook recovery, and I got to catch up on some R&R!

No comments:

Post a Comment