Saturday, October 6, 2012

5.8 pounds gone in 4 days!

It's always interesting to jump back into healthy eating after not paying attention and stuffing your face with horrible things for so long...I've lost 5.8 pounds in the past 4 days!  Of course, my broken LapBand is the cause of part of that - I felt so sick the last two days that I barely ate anything (although, I will say that I didn't wimp out and grab a high-calorie frappuccino in spite of it, as I am typically known to do!).

I'm planning out my meals again, choosing lower calories options and meals that include wonderful things to do with vegetables (thanks Pinterest!).  I just made a "Lightened Up Baked Potato Salad" that comes in at 235 calories for 3/4c...and it's yummy!  I didn't have enough Greek Yogurt that the recipe called for and had to sub in some Reduced-Fat Olive Oil mayonnaise, so I'm sure the calorie count will be lower when I make it in the future and am better prepared...but heck, it's great to eat something so wonderfully delicious, in an adequate portion, and not feel guilty about it!

I think I've given up on a "timeline" for my goal, though.  My brain has been trying to comprehend how I can possible hit onederland by 2013...it's just not a healthy goal given how much weight I've put back on.  I like having specific targets for specific dates of meaning...but it's just not going to work out that way.  I feel like I've finally come to terms with the fact that losing weight, in general, is okay...it doesn't need to be time-bound to a holiday, milestone, etc. (although, it IS entirely possible to hit my goal weight of 169 by my 33rd birthday on August 28, 2013!).

The shift in focus comes from following other people here and on Facebook, talking to family members, etc. who finally got it into my head that I need to do this for the rest of my life...the "fat genes" are in me, and there's nothing I can do to escape them other than by changing my food habits.  I'm not a sedentary person, but I honestly don't work out either.  Losing and maintaining weight is 80% food choice anyway - some claim 90% - so it's easy to see how the work really needs to be done, for me, in better food choices that I can live with...for the rest of my life.

So, yay for the first 5.8 pounds gone in what seems like my millionth weight loss journey - I'm hoping this will be the last "restart" as I continue to learn how to use food as nutrition and not for coping with self-pity.


No comments:

Post a Comment