Tuesday, December 6, 2011

You know those annoying people...

...you know, the ones who wake up at "oh-dark-thirty" to go work out?  I refuse to believe that there's anything good about waking up at 6am, putting on some running shoes and making a go at it.  Who purposely starts their day earlier?!

I did.  Today.  Working out has not become a habit for me yet, but I'm trying to force the habit as something about my weight loss journey I can control.  I hadn't worked out in awhile, and used the fact that I was quitting smoking as an excuse - didn't feel guilty at all about that one!  Started anew today at 6am.  Ugh.  What have I become!?

P.S. Those people who also claim that a morning workout energizes you for the day?  I call your bull shit.  I came home from the gym, ate a bowl of cereal, and I'm now more sleepy than when I woke up!  Ugh.  Off to the shower I go to get ready for work...if I don't return, it's because napping in the shower sounded like a good idea...despite the whole drowning thing.

2 comments:

  1. It does take some getting used to :o) but good job of getting there.

    And btw, if I want o do a morning workout, I have to be at the gym at 5am, now that is scary!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a really hard time working out in the morning! As long as you can get your workout done, I don't think it matters what time. But good for you for getting up and working out!

    ReplyDelete