Sunday, December 18, 2011

:::sigh:::

As I reflect on my weight loss journey of 2011, I realize that I haven't really progressed much at all.  While I made glorious plans, and at least 5 "restarts," my whopping loss for the year comes to about 25 pounds.  Yes, I'm grateful that the number reports a loss, but I'm disappointed in myself for not having the perseverance I should.

I'm not going to make glorious proclamations about how much better I'm going to be in 2012.  2011 seemed to be a year of excuses as to why I just couldn't get my head in the "healthy eating/exercising" mode (slipped LapBand, moving across the country, starting a new job/career, quitting smoking).  Granted, those excuses are big ones - heck, most of them are some of the most stressful things people do in a lifetime - they're still excuses.

I'm reminded of a saying I've heard - "Excuses are like assholes; everyone's got one."  Regardless of what I can "justify" in my head, regardless of the fact that I did lose weight in 2011...I know I'm not living a healthy lifestyle (although quitting smoking sure has helped!).

I need to drink more water.
I need to take my daily vitamins.
I need to make exercise a habit, not a rarity.
I need to wear and utilize my bodybugg daily.
I need to reach out to my friends in this community and to my family to help me.
I need to accept that help.

No 2012 resolutions from me - just another list of things I've written before, and will probably write again...perhaps the more I see it, the more it will sink in?


I gotta look in the mirror.

2 comments:

  1. While Ian not going to do the New Year Resolution in 2012, I Am working on some goals for the year. I have also waisted 2011 in my weight loss journey and it's high time I get back into this. It for our own good.

    I like your healthy lifestyle list. These se the simple measures we need to make this journey :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have had a rough year and I know you don't want to make excuses, but I know it hasn't been easy.

    ReplyDelete