Sunday, December 4, 2011

Another "redesign" and "refocus."

Done.  I'm done putting my weight loss aspirations on hold because of what my LapBand is or is not doing.  I've used it as an excuse for a good year, as I've battled with this foreign object inside of my body.  I may or may not end up having surgery (depending on how the "peer to peer" consult goes between the doctors), but I've noticed an increased ability to eat during the day - although that lessens as the day goes on (complete opposite of how typical LapBand eating goes, I know).  At any rate, the "onederland by 2012" goal isn't going to happen based on the weight gain I had over Thanksgiving and my first week of quitting smoking - excuses, maybe, but I'll take a few pounds in lieu of a pack a day habit that was worse to my body than those pounds!

As such, I've readjusted my bodybugg program today.  My goal weight is 169, and with an average loss of 1.5 pounds per week, I can hit that by my 32nd birthday on August 28, 2012.  1.5 pounds a week is easy peasy, and allows flexibility for stalls, plateaus, minor gains, etc. along the way.  Besides, coming off of the last week where I downed bite sized chocolates from my candy dish at work (which I'm usually great at avoiding) as a substitute for nicotine, and Thanksgiving prior to that, I'm sure I'll easily knock out 1.5 pounds within a day or two...let alone a week.

I don't know how long this ability to eat in the morning/afternoon will last, but I do know that I can make healthy choices when I can eat.  And?  I totally will.

4 comments:

  1. Good for you! I'm right there with you! I'd love to lose about that same amount by my 32nd birthday (3 days before you). Let me know if you need an accountability partner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on quitting :o) and you are right those few pounds can come off, while damage of smoking would have lasted a lot longer. Your goal seems achievable to me, good luck with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you!!! You are going to get to goal. You will do it with or without your band.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Quitting smoking is HUGE! Don't beat yourself up if you are munching a bit. It is normal and you should be very proud of your accomplishment!

    I haven't been reading or posting so I don't know what's going on with your band. I'm sorry things aren't going well. When I've had issues with being too tight, it also gets worse for me as the day goes on.

    ReplyDelete