Thursday, November 10, 2011

Good news?

Saw the doctor this morning to discuss my revision surgery.  Turns out, as he had been looking through all of my barium swallow pics, I actually have gotten better since he first took over my case in August.  Although my pouch and band are not ideal at the moment (and still causing me to throw up anything other than a small portion of foods), he's decided to put me on strict liquids again and take one more look right before Thanksgiving...

It's a catch 22, really, at this point (whatever that phrase means) because my band is completely empty.  Even if 10 days of liquids heals the pouch and repositions the band to it's correct location, any stuck food or bad day leaves the doctor with no course of action...there's no fluid to drain!  Ultimately, surgery will probably be in my future.  We did discuss the revision to a sleeve, though, and that sounds like an awesome alternative!  I know many of you have sleeves or have revised to a sleeve...I'm going to do more research on that to decide if it's really a viable alternative for me.  Any comments you can add about life with a sleeve, please do!

4 comments:

  1. If you do it I will! Seriously, you know what is best for you. I know we will make the best of whatever happens . Hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep us posted on how it goes. I don't know much about the sleeve, but it sounds like it could be a good option.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whatever happens; I hope you are well and it works out :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. have you thought about the sleeve more? Keep me posted if you have time, I'm thinking it is going to be the best option for me...

    ReplyDelete