Sunday, August 7, 2011

My problem.

So here's the weird issue I've been having for the past few months...I can tolerate solid food in the moment I'm eating it.  I can chew it up, eat it, swallow it...and then shortly after eating, I'm ill.  My chest is tight, I'm gurgling, etc., but not enough to run to the bathroom and PB (as was the case in the olden days of trial and error while learning the LapBand and it's effect on my stomach).

Oh, no.  The "ill" feeling will last quite awhile.  Take today for instance - I made some lemon pepper pork loin chops and ate 5.2 ounces.  Great source of protein!  I ate that...hmm...maybe about 2:30pm?  I can't drink for awhile, I'm feeling stuck, but not forced to go PB...so I try to go work out for a bit at the gym to help the feeling pass.  I've found that it's either that or taking a nap (which I had already done earlier today) to let the food digest.  By 7pm, I'm still not feeling better...and the few sips of water I had at the gym weren't helping the situation.

Now at 8pm?  I finally feel better...only because I finally threw up a good portion of that pork loin about half an hour ago.  That seems to be my ritual - eat, feel uncomfortable for hours, then throw up and feel better.  It's not like I ate too much, too fast, etc. - I remember when my Band would tell me instantly when I had done that.  No, now I must suffer for hours before I get any release.  I try to keep the food down, I really do - but it seems to be easier to just let it come out hours after I've eaten when I can tell the food isn't digesting.

I read today that food actually passes through the Band within a few minutes, although what I'm throwing up is just regurgitated food - no stomach acid.  Hmm.  From the reading I've been doing, it seems that my acid reflux, PB'ing and etc. of the last few months could easily be explained by a slipped band.  I guess I'll find out on Tuesday!

Although, I'd really rather not go through a corrective surgery...at this point, if my Band has slipped?  I think I'll ask if they can just drain the damn thing and see how it goes.

4 comments:

  1. oh no! I hope that it is just that your band is a bit too tight and can be adjusted. I hope. I hope. Keep us posted on how it goes with your new doc. so glad to hear that you are enjoying your new job! I have to admit I am a bit jealous... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd like to think that it's too tight as well...but the last doctor took me down to 7.0cc (we think) in March and the problems persisted. At 7.0cc, I used to be able to eat a horse!

    ReplyDelete
  3. um...just to be clear, jealous in a good way, not I-hate-you-because-you-just-got-an-awesome- meaningful-job-that-I-wish-I-had-kind-of-way

    xoxo :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds awful. I hope you get some answers on Tuesday. I lived in NOVA for 20 years! I hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete