Saturday, August 20, 2011

Liquids Day 6.

It's not that I'm TIRED of liquids, I just wish there was more variety in an all-liquid diet.  I've become a little creative by blending the hell out of some soups, bought some fresh fruit to add to my whey protein smoothies...anybody out there have a relatively simple/cheap idea for liquids?  I'm on liquids for band-healing purposes until I see my doctor on August 30th.  Then again, if all is well, he'll probably adjust me that day and I'll be on liquids again for another 48 hours.  Ugh.  I just want to be able to eat like a did a year ago - chew, eat small portions, and be not sick :).

Frustration for the week: Apparently I was highly dehydrated.  All that vomiting/PBing with the band apparently drained my system.  I've still been wearing my bodybugg and tracking calories this week, recording a deficit in calories burned v. calories consumed every day...and I gained almost 3 pounds since last Saturday.

Not cool, body, not cool.

1 comment:

  1. Hmm....I like chicken broth buzzed with black beans--cheaper and can be yummier than canned bean soup. Add some salsa or greek yogurt or cheese and blend some more. Also I like cottage cheese blended with marinara sauce for a "spaghetti" taste.

    ReplyDelete