Saturday, August 6, 2011

Hello from Virginia!

I realize it's been awhile since I've updated, but there hasn't really been any weight loss/LapBand news to post!  I left California on July 1st, stayed at my man's house in WV for a couple of weeks, then started my new job in Virginia on July 15th!  I moved into my own apartment on July 28th, but the movers didn't get here with my stuff until yesterday...so now I'm a couple of weeks into the new job (LOVING it!) and starting to settle in to Northern Virginia (or "NoVa" as it's referred to here).  Life has been stressful, as moving generally goes, but I'm happy to finally be able to cook for myself again...I'm going grocery shopping in just a minute!

My LapBand has been absolutely horrible.  Solid foods, in general, are murder on my system.  I've been PBing just about everything I've consumed other than frappuccino's, frappe's, etc. - I know these aren't great nutritional items for my system, but I was starving for SOME kind of calorie/energy for my body.  I've been living off of liquids, for the most part, and the occasional crunchy food that my band would tolerate.  It's really been ridiculous, and I know I'm greatly malnourished at this point.

The bright spot on the horizon is that I have a colleague in the next town over who had the surgery years ago and has referred me to a wonderful doctor and practice that she loves - I see them on Tuesday!  They know about the horror that has been my LapBand since, seemingly, 2011 began, so they're putting me through tests at their surgery center, counseling with the nutritionist, adjustment if needed, etc. on Tuesday...I'm to plan for a five hour visit!  I'm glad that a doctor is finally LISTENING to me and wants to get this issue fixed just as much as I do.  It's been far too long, and living paranoid of each bite you take for fear of another acid-filled vomit episode is no way to live.

I've also got my scale back up and running (haven't seen that since I left California either, since it was in a box), and I'm stoked to see I was down to 223.0 this morning - my lowest ever!  My goal of 200 by my 31st birthday (August 28th) isn't realistic anymore, but my final goal of 169 might be doable by the end of 2011!  That requires a loss of about 2.5 pounds a week, so we'll see how it goes!  My new apartment complex has a great gym, I'm cooking for myself again (as soon as I get to the grocery store) and my bodybugg is on, charged and ready to go!  I'm excited for the promises that Virginia holds for me in general, but stoked to finally be able to move forward on this journey again!

1 comment: