Saturday, June 11, 2011

Lowest weight EVAR!!!!

Yes, I know I spelled it wrong...but I'm stoked!  Back on March 23rd of this year, I weighed in at 227.4 pounds and was excited for the future.  But April and May brought a period of frustration for me - frustrated with my LapBand issues, stressful amount of workaholic overworked-ness, stress on job prospects and life in general - I gave up.  I did a great job maintaining my weight, weighing in at 232.6 pounds on June 2nd...but I was more than disappointed to see that I had gone so long with not doing much of anything in relation to weight loss.  Obviously, my band is still working to some degree, but that big lack of personal accountability I'd been talking about in recent blog posts was missing.

I'm stoked today to have weighed in at 227.0 - my lowest weight since beginning my journey!  This time?  No looking back (or, bouncing back, as it were)!  I'm determined to keep going, keep monitoring myself...and I can't "weight" to see myself in the BMI "overweight" category when I get below 203 pounds!  Deadline?  My 31st birthday - August 28th.  Despite the craziness that this summer will surely bring, this could actually be the summer where I say goodbye to the "obese" Joia!!!  Holy hell.

3 comments:

  1. You must be really tall. Lucky! I'm only 5 ft 2 so I won't hit the "overweight" category until I weigh 160. I'm aiming to hit that by 9/1 if I get surgery on 8/1. I'm at 178 right now. It's funny, I can't wait to be overweight either, lol, it beats "obese" ughhhhh I hate that word.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're having surgery to lose 18 pounds?! Wow!

    And, yes, I'm 5'9"...close to 6' in my business suit heels! Luckily, my boyfriend's tall too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on hittin a new low...it's a great feeling, isn't it??? :)

    ReplyDelete