Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Current status...

I'm up in the air on where I will be living in the next few months, and it all depends on where I end up taking a new job (if I get a new job).  As such, I've resigned myself to the fact that I have to work with my current doctor and try to get this band fixed...there's no point in switching practices if the odds are that I'll be moving.  I'm tired of being stuck at the 230 mark, bouncing back and forth a pound or two like a yo-yo.  The last few weeks have been insane on my work schedule (yeah, yeah...excuses), but it's finally summer vacation for this teacher (still work to be done, but scheduled at my own pace) and I'm ready to pay attention to me again.  I'm doing good today - calories are logged, bodybugg's counting my output, and I even fit in some Biggest Loser and Zumba on my Wii tonight!  Ooo - and I'm drinking WATER.  Oh, oh - and I totally went to the grocery store to stock up on milk and proteins to eat while I'm home for the next week!

My doctor is still only doing barium swallow tests on Thursday mornings in Los Angeles...yes, I'm free tomorrow...but just spent the last week between Los Angeles, Washington D.C. and Virginia - I really don't feel like traveling the 100 miles to and from LA tomorrow.  Next Thursday would work out perfectly - I have to be in the LA area for my sister's wedding...of course, the doctor is taking his first vacation in two years next week.  :::le sigh:::  At this point, it looks like I'll do the barium swallow on the 23rd, barring any potential travel plans to see my boyfriend (which MUST work into my summer!!).  I'd really like to find out if this band has flipped, get whatever's been wrong fixed, and get back on the right track.

But...and it's a big but...I know this ultimately comes back to my personal accountability.  If I'm honest with myself, I know it's been sorely lacking.  Time to take this one day at a time, count the input/output calories and make this goal weight happen!!  It will happen before the end of 2011!

3 comments:

  1. I am also a teacher. I know there is no excuse not to make it happen over the Summer. The hardest thing for me to do is workout! We can do it! Bever forget how much you have ALREADY accomplised!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you..right around the 230 mark. Ready to see 2teens or even onederaland! We can do it!! Keep up the good work

    ReplyDelete