Saturday, April 30, 2011

No progress. Whatsoever.

Since the debaucle with my doctor not being able to get back to me -ever- about doing a barium swallow test (he wants me to take a day off work because they will only do it on a Thursday morning, and he refuses to let me outsource to another doctor because he wants to see the results), I haven't had a follow up or been able to figure out what's going on.  The doctor took me down to 7.0cc awhile ago now, but I can still barely eat or tolerate most foods...which leads me to believe that my band has flipped or that something else is wrong.  Oh, yeah, the acid reflux is still there, too.  I don't even have those "good days"...you know, when some days you can tolerate foods better than others.  Nope.  Nothing.  I live off of frappuccinos and mostly liquids.  On top of that?  My weight isn't going anywhere.  Oddly enough, the only food I tend to do okay with is chips smothered with something unhealthy (read: nachos).  I adore nachos, but a diet of nachos and frappuccinos does not make weight loss happen.

So what now?  My doctor had last told me not to take Prevacid because he didn't want me masking the symptoms I'm having.  I'm sorry, dick, but when you promise to return my calls and don't, refuse to work with me on getting some diagnostic tests done, etc., and I'm still miserable?  I'll take whatever the hell I want to take, thank you.

Yes, a new doctor is in my future.  I just found out yesterday that I didn't get the job I was hoping for about 2 and a half hours from here.  I think it's actually a good thing, but that's not what I'm blogging about today.  With that news, though, I can now look for a local doctor who won't dick me around like this guy/practice has been doing for months.  I'm sick of this.  I want to eat healthy and normal foods again, and I want to lose weight again.  Size 16/18 is nice compared to the 26/28 I started in, but my journey's not done.  And?  This acid reflux has got to go.

2 comments:

  1. so sorry you are still struggling!!! i hope your summer break from school will be wonderful and inspiring. i am counting down the days myself...!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I switched doctors recently...and my only regret is that I didn't do it sooner! Hope things work out for you soon.

    ReplyDelete