Saturday, March 19, 2011

NSV's for the week...and stuff.

Interesting week being back home...I spent time last weekend while sick with the flu catching up on grading for my classes and really planning some stellar lessons for the three different high school classes I teach.  This week?  Was an awesome week at school.  Lessons were great, the kids were stoked about learning (rare in a high school setting these days!), and...hold the phone...they actually RETAINED information!  I KNOW.  I've still been struggling with sniffles, coughs, snotty tissues and the like for the week, but my LapBand has been playing tricks on me.

I guess we'll start with that part of the story.  I've been able to *eat* this week.  I had nachos twice (maybe three times?) for dinner this week.  I ate quite a few fried chicken tenders today.  I've been snacking on some mini Reese's PB cups.  I've been eating regular chip snack bags that we're selling out of my classroom (leftovers from our huge event a few weeks ago).  It's been nice to be able to EAT again, even though being sick and being able to eat has led to some horrible choices in my diet.  My scale was also at school all week for our Biggest Loser weigh ins (my students weigh in every Tuesday, but I had left the scale there...not enough energy/lack of forgetfulness to bring it home), so my normal routine of weighing every morning didn't happen.  As a result, those "bad-and-should-only-eat-every-now-and-then" foods weren't registering for me because I wasn't seeing the daily gain.  I brought the scale home today, so we'll see what I weigh tomorrow morning!  I tried hitting the gym a little bit tonight here in my apartment complex, but my snotty nose and coughing wouldn't let me breathe to do much of anything...:::sigh:::.  I guess I'm still supposed to be resting.

The NSV's (Non Scale Victories) for the week:

  1. My bras have been too big on me lately - not around, but cup size.  Heck, you'd think after losing 110 pounds that my band size would shrink...nope!  I invested in some bras this week by going down a cup size, and that made a world of difference!  I guess it's a good thing my boyfriend likes small boobies...cuz he's stuck with them!
  2. It seems like just yesterday I was squeezing into the size 18 jeans I bought at Old Navy.  This week?  I was having trouble finding ANY jeans that fit me right...my 20's were way too loose, my 18's seemed like they fit when I first put them on, but then were beyond loose by the end of the day...weird.  I stopped at Target on Wednesday to buy a new jacket (all of my jackets look like large blankets on me...and I didn't want to spend a ton of money on a nice one because it's not going to be cold here in Southern California much longer!) and decided to pick up a pair of new jeans as well.  I went for a 16W, not even fathoming that my still-fat ass could actually fit into a 16.  Isn't that what bigger high school kids wear?  At any rate, the 16W pair?  Umm.  Loose.  I really should start trying on clothes in stores.
  3. That jacket I bought?  I didn't even buy it in the plus section...I've worn it twice now and gotten tons of comments about how great n' skinny I look :).  Watch out bishes.  I was a hot fat chick - I'll be lethal as a skinny chick.
Other than that?  I donated blood this week (how many pounds lost is that?!) and picked up a 30% off coupon at Old Navy for donating...I'm almost scared to head in there this weekend to buy some new jeans, afraid that I'll blow $100...even at 30% off!  But, hell, isn't that the store where you can buy an entire outfit for $5?  I swear I see that in their annoying commercials.  (Sorry I don't know much about Old Navy - being able to buy clothes there is a new thing for me!)  I'm in desperate need of some new jeans, though, and you can't beat 30% off.  Guess it's time for some shopping this weekend!

That's all I got.  Ta da!  The end.  Okaythanxbye.

3 comments:

  1. Yay! Great NSVs... You are doing great... Loose 16s is incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful wonderful wonderful NSVs!

    ReplyDelete