I headed in today for an adjustment. I've been going back and forth between too tight and too loose with this band since July, and I had finally been brought back up to 8.0cc before I left for vacation. 9.0cc is where I start to have issues, but 8.0cc has been just fine over the past few weeks - in fact, I'd say it's a little too loose. So today, I head in to get bumped up to 8.5cc. Long story short? I am now at 8.5cc again and have another appointment on Thursday with the doctor I normally see. You can stop reading here if you just wanted an update on what's going on with me and my Band :).
Long Story Long/Bitchy Rundown of today's events:
- Today's doctor (whom I've seen before and believe to be senile) thought I had surgery yesterday because my surgery date was listed as 1-7-10. The surgery date was correct, but the idiot didn't realize it was 2011 and I actually had my surgery A YEAR AGO yesterday.
- Today's doctor wanted to take me up to 9.0cc - he tells me this as he's got the needle injected into my port. I have to quickly, and quite bitch-ily, tell him NO. He senses my aggravation and only puts in 0.5cc to bring me up to the 8.5cc.
- Today's doctor wants me to drive to Beverly Hills (roughly 2 hours south of here) on a Monday or Tuesday afternoon so he can do a fluoro with me and inject the exact amount of fill that will make me and my LapBand happy...sounds like a novel concept, except that he's senile and I don't trust him anyway.
- The receptionists (two girls I find just as idiotic) start to schedule me for a regular follow-up when I tell them that the doctor actually wants to schedule me for a fluoro in B.H. They look at each other, then at me, and suggest I see a different doctor in the office for a second opinion...sure.
- The receptionists start to schedule an appointment for this Wednesday with a different doctor - this guy's actually a surgeon - to get my second opinion. They tell me who he is. Tirade begins. HELL NO I WILL NOT SEE THAT GUY! The guy they want me to see is the guy who has been the reason I've had to get so many unfills in the past six months. He does NOT listen to me and aggressively fills me to the point where I can't drink water. Not only that? After the third time he had to unfill me because I coudn't drink water and developed acid reflux (again), he insisted that something must be wrong with my band...there's no way HE was doing anything wrong. HA! I had an endoscopy (in Los Angeles...) and was told I was perfectly fine, but that my band was too tight. Hell NO - I refuse to see the idiot egotistical doctor for a second opinion.
- The receptionists, finally seeing from my tirade that I am (a) not an idiot and (b) beyond exasperated with this practice and the idiocy I've dealt with since July, mention that the guy I DID like is in on Thursdays - oh, and they really like him too. Thanks for telling me. I'll be seeing him on Thursday.