Sunday, December 5, 2010

Wow...what a disappointing weigh-in!

It's been an interesting week going from "too tight to eat anything" to "too loose to eat everything."  For the most part, I DID eat right...perhaps in trying to eat right I ate too little?  Or, didn't focus on proteins?  I gained 3.4 pounds this week according to today's weigh-in for the Holiday Challenge.  I'm not happy with that, but I'll record the loss and move on to better things next week.

Anyone have "the shot" as their method of birth control?  I recently switched to this after being on the pill for 11 years...I was ready for the convenience that comes with it, and the "no periods" thing sounded pretty awesome to me.  I got my first shot almost 2 weeks ago, knowing that spotting/periods may come for up to the first 6 months.  Yesterday?  Aunt Flo arrived with a vengeance (yeah, TMI, but most of you are girls who read this anyway...why is that, by the way?  Do boys not blog?).  I suppose part of my weight gain this week can be explained by TOM as well - but, honestly?  I'm not looking for excuses.

Well, I kinda am.  I'm seeking some sort of validation here.  People who are actively trying to lose weight shouldn't gain 3.4 pounds in a week and not reflect on the "why" of it all.  After seeing my weight loss go up this week, I made sure to work out yesterday, drink plenty of water, get protein in, etc...only to see a gain this morning from yesterday.  I got a fill yesterday, too - I had the doctor put in 1cc of the 2cc he took out the previous Saturday, and I'll see him again next Saturday to see if we want to put even more in.  I'm still shocked that I was having issues at 8.5cc anyway, because that had normally been a fine fill for me.  Perhaps it was the stress getting to me?  At 7.5cc now, I'm still starving.  I'm gonna go eat now - and probably, consciously, not make a great eating choice.  I've already weighed in for this week, and apparently the good eating yesterday isn't what my body wanted, so I'm going to nourish my soul with some goodness!

7 comments:

  1. I haven't ever used the shot but I of the people that I know that have used it, they all complained of weight gain, sorry... Anyways, I would also have a horrible time eating right if I didn't have good restriction! Just keep you chin up and keep going with what you know is good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a very disappointing weigh in this week too, only I don't have the shot to blame :(

    Here's hoping it is just water weight and will disappear next week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's not about looking for excuses.... it's about understanding all the factors going on that could contribute to an otherwise inexplicable gain.
    i did get the shot for a while starting late last year and had some weight gain with it... and was advised by the doc and his nurses that it could cause that!
    Just buckle down and do what you know you're supposed to be doing and it'll all settle down and balance out before you know it

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have put a couple of kg's on the week of a period. Then I will loose a lot the following week, hoping this is the same issue with you too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was doing the Depo Provera and hated it...I gained weight and after my second shot, I had bleeding for over a month straight. Ugh!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everyone I know that did the shot gained weight. :( I would probably contribute some of the weight gain to that alone. My SIL has been taking it for about 10 years now and she's put on a steady 30 lbs and can't lose it. My doctor recommended Mirena the IUD because she said it won't interfere with weight.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I read the entire brochure of side effects on the shot, and knew that weight gain was a possibility. On average, patients gained 4 pounds a year. I saw that and laughed...and I know I'll be laughing some more when I lose the weight that I put on. Really, there are many factors that made me gain weight this week, and I know that...the shot was simply one of them. I'll be fine, though, and will see my 100 pound loss soon!!

    ReplyDelete