Monday, December 27, 2010

2010 is going to end...

...and I can't wait for 2011 to begin!  I've been in a major slump with my LapBand and weight loss for what seems like months, and I can't wait to get home from my vacation (only for weight loss purposes), start getting filled again in small increments and have this tool working for me again.  I also got a bonus tool for Christmas from my sisters - a bodybugg!  Anyone have one of these thingies?  I've been wearing it since I charged it on Christmas Day and it's been so neat to plug in and upload my calorie burn...I'm not doing ANYTHING (literally, I sit on my ass and play CityVille on Facebook all day while my boyfriend's at work...I'm not daring to drive his car in all of this snow - I'm a California girl!), but it's still fun to see how this thing works.  I burn almost 5 calories a minute when I help a little girl (Nick's oldest daughter) bake and decorate sugar cookies!

I really wanted the bodybugg - I'm tired of guessing my body's chemistry...am I eating too much?  Too little?  Enough protein?  Enough water?  With the initial stats I logged into the bodybugg's online program, it says I need to burn 2,900 calories a day and intake 1,900 calories for a daily 1,000 calorie deficit...that supposedly will get me to a goal of a 2 pound loss per week.  Even sitting on my ass I burn 2,900 calories a day according to this little doo-hicky on my arm and...1,900 FREAKIN' CALORIES A DAY?!  I haven't eaten that much on a regular basis in ages!  Even with my LapBand being too loose, I've still been a good girl...generally.

But, maybe starting to log my food for a little while, watching my caloric burn for each day go up as I head back to work next week and back to my normal level of "higher-than-sitting-on-my-ass-all-day" activity, I'll finally be able to figure out why I GAIN weight every time I exercise.  Maybe I'll be able to kick 2011 off with some actual weight loss again.  Maybe I'll finally hit my 100 pound weight loss.  My LapBandiversary will hit on January 7th, and the 100 pound loss isn't going to happen by then - I've resigned myself to that.  But, I *do* see 2011 bringing me to my goal weight at some point which is a fascinating thought...I'll be thin.  WTH is that?!

1 comment:

  1. I dont know how I have never seen it before, but I just noticed your quote from old Abe. That is fantastic. I am going to use it to help remind me of my focus!

    ReplyDelete