Saturday, November 6, 2010

Reflux, endoscopy & more, OH MY!

Wow...haven't posted in awhile, but I have also never been so busy in my life. I'm so busy I can't even find a "good" day to take a sick day just to catch up on my TV and relaxation! Ugh.

At any rate, band news? Horrible. I got a 0.5cc unfill a week after going back to 9.0cc, then saw my normal doctor a week later (the unfill guy was a new doc). My doc insists that I go to Los Angeles (111 miles each way) TWICE - once for an endoscopy and once for a fluoroscopy (they won't do them on the same day, bastards). He wants to make sure everything is still legit with my band since I've been playing the "fill, reflux, unfill" game since May. Ugh. Fine, I'll do what he says - but I'm back down to 8.5cc now, where I normally have no issues and can eat just fine, but I'm constantly tight, eat very little portions of mushy food and tend to have reflux in the mornings (like now). WTH?! I'm going to chalk it up to stress, because that's really all my life has been since heading back to school in August - if it's not one thing, it's another. Just further proves to me that I need to get out of the three full time jobs I have (teaching, FFA Advisor and union leader) and find ONE that I can focus on - I need me back.

At any rate, I'm off to LA today for my endoscopy - no eating/drinking since 9am this morning, which isn't an issue because I'm too tight and reflux-y to eat anyway. I was told I should expect to be at the hospital for 3-4 hours (for a 15 minute procedure?!?), but have plans to meet up with an old friend afterwards...pending how I'm feeling. I have to head back to LA on Thursday (we have a day off for Veteran's Day...ideally, I wanted THAT day COMPLETELY off...no such luck) for the fluoroscopy.

Me? I'm just tired. Tired of missing my boyfriend (lives 2,400 miles away), tired of reflux, tired of not being able to eat, tired of being so busy...it's not even the hours I spend working that bothers me, it's the keeping track of a million things between my classroom, students, FFA program and union...focusing on one sure would be nice for a change! We'll see how that goes...

/bitchy rant.

1 comment:

  1. I hope all goes well and they can do something about the reflux for you.

    Maybe once you feel a little better you will be able to focus on everything else and things won't seem so hectic :o)

    ReplyDelete