Sunday, November 21, 2010

Another Sunday...

Thanks GOODNESS it's Thanksgiving this week (ya don't hear many LapBanders saying that, do ya?)!  Not only is it a short work week (two full school days - only one with any meetings after it - and a minimum day), but NICK IS COMING!  I haven't spent any real, alone time with my boyfriend since July...ugh.  I'm picking him up on Wednesday night in Los Angeles, we'll spend the night there, then head to my dad's house in San Diego for turkey day...then drive home to my house in Bakersfield on Thursday night so we can just be lazy and relax until he has to go home again once the weekend's over!  I asked him if he wanted to do Disneyland or anything "California-y" while he was here, but he's quite content (as am I!) with just laying around my house and being lazy.  The most exciting part of all?  We only have THREE WEEKS of school once he leaves, and then I get to hop on a plane and go spend two weeks with him - including Christmas and New Year's!  I've hated spending holidays without him, as they seem so empty when the one you love is miles away.  I'm very happy I get to spend the next three, major holidays by his side!

I'm also stoked about the weight loss I've had the last couple of weeks - 2.6 pounds in Week 1 of the challenge and 3.2 pounds this last week.  While they may not be super impressive numbers, especially when compared to some of the others in the challenge, I'm happy to say that these are the most consistent losses I've had in a long time.  I guess I need to keep my fill at 8.5cc and keep trekkin' down the Bandster road!  I haven't been perfect in my eating plan, indulging in way too many Starbucks holiday drinks and splurging on some nachos yesterday, but I'm happy with the loss!  And?  I'm SO CLOSE to 100 pounds lost - I'll definitely hit it before the end of the challenge!

Life is generally good, and I'm happy about that.  There is a light at the end of the many, proverbial tunnels of stress I endure, and I'm looking forward to finishing 2010 on a happy note...bring on 2011 and my goal weight!

P.S. I bought some Oikos Organic Greek Yogurt in two flavors, chocolate and caramel, because I've heard so many of you talk about it's high protein content.  After two bites?  I'll throw them all away.  EW!  I don't care if it's an acquired taste, if that's what you're going to say, I don't want to acquire that!

3 comments:

  1. GREAT JOB!! I'm jealous of your weight loss this week! I'm only down 0.4 pounds but I can live with that. How exciting that you get to see your BF! I remember when my hubby and I were engaged, he was in Florida and I was in Idaho, we only saw each other every few months so I can totally sympathize with you! Oh, and how far is Bakersfield from San Diego? We're going on family vacay to San Diego next May and that would be awesome if we could get together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joia you make me laugh. I'm another bandster that can't seem to jump on the Greek Yogurt bandwagon. Thanks for making me fee that I'm not crazy! Hope you have a great holiday with your BF and family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to join you on the no greek yogurt wagon, I can not stand the stuff :o) Enjoy your time with Nick!!

    ReplyDelete