Thursday, September 16, 2010

Thousand Word Thursday!

Join in the fun and discover this week's topic here!

I'm joining in for the first time, but Amy wants to know our favorite piece of jewelry and why it's our favorite...well, let's start with a picture...

Photobucket


While these may look like a basic pair of diamond earrings to you, they're really special to me - not only do they go with everything (I actually had to take them off to get a picture), they were part of a wonderful and sweet gift my amazing boyfriend got me for our first Valentine's Day as a couple. To this day I don't know HOW he managed to scrape together the money to buy these, and, to be honest, they're the only jewelry I have that's real...while I buy cheap jewelry normally and wear whatever I've got, he said I deserved real jewelry and I was blown away when I got these. Cute story? He added my friends to his Facebook so that he could survey them on the appropriate jewelry to buy for me that I would like...then sent these along with other Valentine's Day goodies (including a handmade card that he BURNT himself making as he soldered one of it's pieces - too awesome!). He was concerned about a mailman potentially seeing the diamond earrings in their box and stealing them, so he wrapped them up in a DIAPER. Ha! I love this man, I truly do - and these earrings are a daily reminder of how amazing the man I have in my life really is!

Amy - did I do this right?!

3 comments:

  1. They are gorgeous! I love the story, too. What a sweet bf!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect! Gorgeous earrings, but the story and love behind them is even better. Don't let that one get away - he sounds awesome. <3

    ReplyDelete