Monday, September 13, 2010

I've GOT to figure this out!

I'm absolutely just...frustrated. I'm not losing weight (bouncing back and forth between the same few pounds), I'm either not able to eat or able to eat a ton (depending on the day), and overall frustrated with what my body's not doing. I'm not losing sizes/inches either, so it's definitely not a "phase" my body's going through.

BUT - I'm also not working out, not counting my calories, not getting enough protein and not drinking enough water. Yeah, I'm *not* doing everything I should be doing when you hit a plateau.

So? I've got a double serving size protein shake already blended and in a "to go" cup to take with me tomorrow morning - 220 calories and 60g of protein, bishes! I've got a 12 hour work day tomorrow, so I've already packed up a lunch box full of food to eat throughout the day (910 calories and 21g of protein). Question is - will my body let me eat it all? Since I actually KNOW what I am putting into my body, we'll see if it's just the same problem I had back in June when I was too tight - my body is starving (my boyfriend says I'm not eating enough...he could be right!). I've got long days ahead of me most of this week, so I'll continue counting every calorie and gram of protein this week to see if I'm actually on par with food.

The fill I cancelled two weeks ago? I rescheduled that appointment for this Wednesday - the way it's been going, I definitely don't want another fill. I haven't PB'd in a loong time, but I do slime often from eating just a little amount of food (less than what even the LB doctors would recommend). There are nights, yes, where I can scarf down an impressive amount of food for someone with a LapBand, but that's turned out to be the exception and not the rule.

I want to work out, really. I picked up the class schedule of the gym I belong to last Monday so I could schedule in some classes into my life and get a routine going...then two days later I accidentally spilled a bad chemical on me while demonstrating a lab to my sophomores (bottle exploded) and I have a bad chemical burn on my shins and right foot which is still healing. The couple of times I've attempted socks/tennis shoes in order to keep my foot as clean as possible? Ouch. Burning sensation back and my epidermal burns flare up. Unless the gym starts up a policy that barefoot = ok for Zumba and cycling classes? I'm down for the count. Luckily, my every day life is pretty mobile, so I'm not worried about being "sedentary" as my reason for the plateau.

I'm just...sick of being in the 260's. I was rockin' 10 pounds of loss a month and feeling pretty good about myself for awhile. It just hit me, though, that I've now passed the 8 month mark and am holding steady at 74-76 pounds of loss, depending on the day. ARGH! Weight loss? Please come back.

2 comments:

  1. I am so feelin' ya. I haven't even had my first fill yet...but I can totally relate to so much of what you posted. I am going to start keeping a diary of what I am eating.

    I am nominating you for an award. Check it out at my page.

    gettingmyskinnyon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry you're seeing the weight loss slow down and also for the burns (ouch!). I'm at 80 lbs. down too and my weight loss has really slowed down too. It sounds like you have some good ideas to get things moving again. Keep us posted on how things go.

    How about taking a walk while you are unable to go to the gym? I often walk in flip-flops or flats. Also if you have some free weights, you could do some arm/chest/back work outs at home. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete