Thursday, August 12, 2010

Time for a wedding!

It's been a long week for me, as I've fought a pretty bad cold since last Friday. I'm not 100% yet, but even a trip to the urgent care doctor did nothing for me...he gave me no meds and told me just to get plenty of rest and fluids. Ugh. Funny aside, though - I hadn't been to urgent care in almost two years and had to update my records...I realized that the only docs I've seen in the last year have been LapBand related! It was pretty important for me to get well as quickly as possible...why?

My sister Jennifer got married a year ago in a court house, but Saturday is her big ceremony and reception! Not only do I get to be the maid of honor (which means I get to do the obligatory roast...ugh, I mean toast...at the reception), but I'm also doing the flowers for the wedding, singing Kelly Clarkson's "A Moment Like This" as she walks down the aisle AND picking up my wonderful boyfriend tonight at the airport so he can meet my family and celebrate with us! I GET TO SEE NICK! Man, this whole 2,400 miles apart thing sucks. So, I needed to be well for singing, "close time" with Nick (he can't afford to be sick right now, since he's using sick days to fly out for the wedding)...thank god I'm starting to feel better!

Weight loss has been great this week, though, since I haven't eaten much! I've been living on robitussin, Theraflu, sleeping, water, OJ (with calcium and Vit. D!), my facial steamer...I even tried putting pools of Hydrogen Peroxide into each ear and letting them sit - read that wives tale online. I've been sick now for six days, so I don't think anything is quite doing the trick alone, but they seem to be helping altogether! Let's hope Nick thinks I'm well enough for the "long-distance sucks so we make up for it when we see each other" time :).

See ya after the festivities!

2 comments:

  1. Have a wonderful time.....glad you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you are on the mend.

    Have a blast!! :)

    ReplyDelete