Thursday, July 22, 2010

Thanks everyone!

Thanks to everyone who offered advice yesterday about my doctor and bite sizes...although I've heard the "bites the size of a pencil eraser" before, I'm surely not inclined to live my life that way. I was brought to 8.5cc yesterday (in a 14cc band) and I'm eager to try some solid food here in a couple of hours to see how I handle it. I DO trust the doctor I saw, but if I'm not ready to progress to 9cc when I see him again in 2 weeks, I won't. I got more of a "he believes I can do this" feeling when he said that's what he wanted to do...but the agony of being that tight still lives fresh in my mind. We shall see!

In other news? I added two new lists to my blog page (someday I'll figure out how Joey and others do all the really cool things!): my 10% weight loss goals and my BMI index. I'm excited for a couple of milestones coming very soon to a Joia near you - once I hit 270.6 pounds, I will have dropped 20 freaking percent of the total weight I started with! And once I hit 270? I will no longer be morbidly obese! It's insane to think of myself out of the 270's, but I know they're coming so soon! Honestly, the lowest weight I can remember in my adult years is 274, and that was back in 2008. I'm already below that! This process has absolutely been amazing, and while I read others' blogs and can find myself getting jealous of the weight loss they've had in either a shorter or longer amount of time, I know that the 65.4 pounds I've lost since starting on 12-31-09 is quite a feat! I'm proud of myself, and I know my mommy is too :)

4 comments:

  1. We had similar starting weights. I am excited that you have lost 65 pounds in just over 6 months! I hope I can be as successful as you! Are you working out?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've worked out...VERY rarely up to this point. I did just start "Couch to 5K" last Saturday and am on Week 1, Day 3 today (I've been running at night). Luckily for me, the weight's come off just due to sensible eating. I suppose it helps that I have a pretty active job as a teacher/union leader - I walk/run around quite a bit August-June!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the new additions to your blog! You've done so great at losing weight! I'm like you, I couldn't ever eat bites the size of a pencil eraser, that would drive me nuts. I went in to see the PA at my clinic last weekend and we talked about filling me up a bit more but she's really leary about getting it too full. I guess the opening of you stomach, the stoma, can get really inflamed and then dilate so you can eat much more then you're supposed to. Basically she said to over fill and cause this is the kiss of death to band patients. Anyways, if you feel like you've got good restriction in two weeks I'd wait to get another fill. Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. No pencil eraser bites for me either. You are doing so well! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete