Tuesday, July 27, 2010

"The road to success...

...is dotted with many tempting parking places." I knew that coming out of the 270's would be a big moment for me, because I hit my 20% total loss goal AND exited the "morbid obesity" category of the BMI index. I'm proud to welcome the 269.8 weight on the scale this morning, because that means I've conquered both of those goals! And, let me tell ya...it feels AWESOME to finally see a number out of the 270's! I was stoked when I entered the 270's, but...seriously? That was June 6th! My weight loss rate is still pretty good/average, but it can be very frustrating to see the same decade for over a month and a half! Hello 260's...please don't keep me as long as your neighbor did!

As thrilling as it was to lose 4.8 in this last week, I know that this isn't a "parking place," as the quote I started my blog today with mentions. I've had a great week of weight loss, hit two big goals...but there's still much work to do! "The difference between perseverance and obstinacy is that one comes from a strong will, and the other from a strong won't." - Henry Ward Beecher I choose NOT to have a strong won't. I credit my big weight loss this past week to two things: starting C25K last week and finally getting a restrictive fill (that doesn't kill me to eat) last week. I feel like I'm finally empowered to do this the RIGHT way, and I look forward to W2D2 of my C25K training later today! I CAN do this, and the reaffirming numbers on the scale only serve to increase the pride I have inside.

250 by my 30th birthday on August 28th? Always been a lofty goal...but I know that whether or not I hit it, life is good and will continue to be so! Just gotta keep my head in the clouds :)

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I am just starting my journey and can't wait to get to my 10% lost goal! :) You are doin great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joia, You always leave such nice comments for me. Thank you!

    You are doing FANTASTIC! 4.8 lbs. in a week is great. Too bad we don't lose like that EVERY WEEK!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You are rocking this!!! I nominated you for a blogger award- check it out on my blog at http://provokingpracticality.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just wanted to know that I gave you an award! Check out my blog for the details!

    ReplyDelete