Saturday, April 17, 2010

See doctor? I told you.

No one had a response to my last post - I guess it must just be me! Oh well! I'm learning to live with the LapBand again after falling short over Spring Break and whatnot. A week ago my doctor threatened to take some of my fill out because I had been vomiting from my food...but I promised him that when I eat the right foods, pay attention to my body and follow the rules? I do just fine. A week later, I haven't thrown up at all this week, listened to my body when I've been full, and am down 3.6 pounds this week! I miss average weeks like that - it's been a long time since I could claim that much weight in a week, perhaps since the first month! I'm well on my way of being down 50 pounds in a total of 4 months (May 1)...the countdown now is that I've got 7.4 pounds to lose in 14 days. It's a push, I know, but I really want this! I've been doing better about my food choices and am leaving today to head to the California State FFA Leadership Conference with 8 of my students until Tuesday. The conference is always a motivating time for both me and the students as we hear keynote and guest speakers throughout the conference that bring us to tears and really make us re-examine our lives. I'm coming at this year's conference with a new perspective on life - a year ago I was miserable for many reasons and my outlook on life was bleak. This year? I've got a LapBand, 42.6 pounds of weight loss, an amazing boyfriend in my life and a hopeful outlook for the future! I'm sure that the speeches I hear this weekend will be the motivational push I've been looking for.

On top of that, the next 4 days will see plenty of walking, water drinking (I'm bringing a case of water to store in my hotel room - when I've got it, I drink it!) and planned meals with my students. I won't be able to weigh myself again until Wednesday (I'm a daily weigher), but I'm hoping to be 2-3 pounds down by then!

Okie dok. I gotta go finish doing laundry, packing and head to the store for some last minute essentials. Happy weight loss everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment