Saturday, April 10, 2010

No fill.

The morning started with me looking at the clock (CRAP!), noticing that I had 20 minutes to get to the doctor. Luckily, it's a 5 minute drive...threw on some clothes, weighed myself (YAY for 299.4 - not going back to the 300's this time!), and headed out the door. I had a 40 minute wait today, but the wait was entertained by 3 other LapBand patients - we had our own little support group! Two of them had surgery the same month I did - one had gained weight, the other had only lost 15 pounds. It sure makes me feel good to be "almost 40." The lady who had lost only 15 pounds questioned everything I did and wanted to know HOW I'd been so successful. Funny, I'd been thinking my weight loss was slow-going...but as long as it still goes, I'm happy.

I finally get in to see a new doctor and we talk about the fact that I'd lost 7 pounds (according to their scale) since my last fill three weeks ago. He says I'm on par with what they expect, but was worried that I'd had so many stuck/vomit episodes. I told him that vomiting wasn't THAT frequent, but he said it was...lol. Different perspectives, eh? He toyed with the idea of taking out some of my 8cc fill...said that if the vomiting continued, I'd have to get ALL of the saline removed, pushing my journey back a couple of months. I promised him that the reason I'd been vomiting is user error - when I eat what I'm supposed to, I do fine. With that, he sent me on my way with no adjustment...making me feel like the rush to get out of bed wasn't worth the time.

BUT, I knew that today's appointment was my chance to get back on track. This last week back home after Spring Break has been hell - with work, trying to eat, etc. I haven't been taking care of my body, and I know that. Since I was already awake and dressed, I decided to head to the grocery store...and I'm stocked up, once again, with food I should be eating!

Current goal? To be at 288.2 by the time I go in for my next appointment on May 1. I know that's 11.2 pounds away, but it'll mean I've hit a 50 pound weight loss! Also, that'll mean that those 50 pounds came off in 4 months...YAY! I KNOW I can do it. I've been bouncing around the same 5 pounds for a month now, and it's because I haven't been doing what I need to do. Now that my focus is back on me? Let's do this bish.

4 comments:

  1. You can do it!!!! You are doing a great job. You are so close to that 50..what an accomplishment :D *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on getting under 300!
    Keep up the fantastic work. its a great footing hold when you know that you are doing better than the average... and you should stop beating yourself up =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on you progress! You are doing a phenomenal job! 50 lbs. In 4 months is amazing! Good luck! I have been toting with the same 5 lbs. For 6 months. I know how frustrating that can be! P.S. Glad to have found your blog!

    ReplyDelete