Sunday, April 25, 2010

50 pounds in 4 months, eh Joia?

The goal is alive!! And, by the way, my name is pronounced "Joy." Mom wanted something unique for her first born and ended up having an excessive vowel movement.

Now that THAT is handled, let's talk about this lofty goal I set for myself. I started my pre-op diet on December 31, 2009 and had surgery on January 7, 2010. The goal I have set is to be down a total of 50 pounds in 4 months, which would mean I'd need to weigh 288.2 by May 1st (this upcoming Saturday).

IT MAY HAPPEN! I took students out of town for four days for a leadership conference last weekend...and ate. But, on the flip side, I also got TONS of exercise from walking, stair climbing, 15 minutes on the hotel treadmill and dancing with the kids. Despite all of the exercise, I came home having gained 3 pounds and thinking that the goal wasn't going to happen.

BUT - I've busted my diet ass this week since I've been home. No, I haven't really been working out - I still need to get better about that - but I'm proud to say that I weighed in at 293.0 this morning!! I was at 295.8 before I left for the conference with the kids, but crept up to 299 on the scale on Wednesday morning when I returned. That means? I've lost SIX FREAKIN' POUNDS in four days! Yup, it's the focus on protein shakes, eating the right foods, and taking my vitamins. At this rate? I'll hit 288.2 (the 50 pound loss mark) BEFORE May 1st...

I originally thought the goal was lofty, looking at the last 7.4 pounds I had to lose in just about two weeks. But now? Being 4.8 pounds away from the 50 pound goal and having 6 days to do it? I think me and Ms. LB can make this happen. Let's go!!

1 comment: