Friday, March 5, 2010

Exercising.

Reasons to avoid exercise:

1) I don't have time.
2) My work day was so long and hectic - I just want to be lazy.
3) I still have work to do and I want to get to bed at a decent hour.
4) There will be more time tomorrow.
5) I'm losing weight without exercise...ish.
6) I am SO behind on the shows I want to watch...my DVR is filling up!

Reasons to exercise:


1) Those 2.05 miles I just did on the treadmill made me feel accomplished and proud.
2) Listening to music on my MP3 player and tuning out the world relieves stress.
3) My boyfriend told me I better work out today - he's proud of me and loves me no matter what I do, but it's good to have the motivator!
4) I lose more weight when I exercise accompanied with a controlled diet.
5) I have DVR for a reason - yes, I miss most of my shows due to a busy career, but I can also delay watching them until after I've exercised! They'll wait...really.
6) The post-workout shower is the best shower of the day.
7) Cold iced tea never tasted so refreshing...
8) Got on the scale pre-shower just to see (although I always weigh myself in the mornings), and was stoked to see half a pound gone since this morning - which means I finally hit the 30 POUND MARK!
9) Gives me something happy to write about on Facebook other than my work or boyfriend!
10) Tuning out the world gives me time to think - for instance, I thought about how much complaining I've been doing about not being at restriction. I've been complaining about how I got this LapBand and it's not doing what it's supposed to be doing...but, isn't it? Aren't I motivated to eat healthy and exercise? Regardless of not being full and eating larger quantities than those Bandsters at restriction, having the band IS motivating me moreso than I was without the band. The added bonus? Those 30 pounds are a result of MY hard work. I'm proud of that.


Hmm...seems like the good outweighs the bad! Must be a reason for that :)

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the 30 pound weight loss, that's incredible! I love your list, gave me motivation to do and do my exercising!

    ReplyDelete