Tuesday, February 2, 2010

I'm alive!

I've been absolutely slammed with work since last Monday with regular work, FFA applications being due (which require hours of my patience), and CTA State Council - a quarterly meeting of the elected state minds who make, shape and enforce policy for the California Teachers Association. Yikes! I still have a busy week in front of me, but I'm eagerly awaiting this weekend for two reasons - it's a three day weekend AND I get my first fill! Yup, Saturday morning I will hopefully put an end to this "Bandster Hell!"

The last week has been crazy, not only for work, but for weight loss. Last week I so DESPERATELY wanted to break through the 20 pound loss mark...but it wasn't to be. Despite my counting calories and working out, I was stalled at 19...then 18...then 19...repeat. I was frustrated all week, knowing I was doing what I was supposed to be doing. Then, CTA State Council came...catered food for every meal of the day. I *did* drink a ton of water (yay for free CTA bottles of water everywhere!), but I'll admit that I ate more of the bad-for-me stuff. As a result? I came home and weighed myself yesterday - and hated the 4.4 pound gain I saw. But, I jumped right back on the bandwagon yesterday, counted my calories and returned to the foods I know I should have...and was rewarded with a 2.8 pound loss this morning!

As I told my LapBand buddy last night, I do well when I'm at home. Thankfully, I don't have to deal with State Council again for another 2 months - and I *should* have restriction in my band by then. So, yay! Here's to a wonderful week of weight loss (you hear that body? Let's do this!)!

No comments:

Post a Comment